The Hot Box allows you to:
- gently warm your laminating resin
- warm the board to be laminated
- warm the cloth to be laminated
- cut cloth without repositioning
- maintain resin temperature during laminating
- maintain precise curing temperature of the laminate
- store blank foam when not in use
There is a slot near the edge of the door to clear a vacuum tube and I have added wheels to stand up the box when not in use. I recommend you have someone help you lift it onto its wheels though as it can be dangerous if you slip and flatten yourself!
I tied to save a few $ on insulation and use sisalation as the coldest nights in the shed would be about 5 degrees celsius. Also the plywood insulates fairly well on its own. If you were wanting to minimise operating costs or work in consistently low temperatures I would insulate all of the inner surfaces except the top and bottom. On the bottom I would place the insulation underneath to maintain the hard wearing floor. On the top I would place insulation on top once the board is inside as you need the lid to conduct heat for laminating and pre warming the cloth.
So far I have utilised the Hot Box to make 2 boards and have had no problems running it all night.
I will do a drawing if there is any interest in the comments!