Thursday, 14 January 2010
Friday, 8 January 2010
- Take all of my gear each time I go sailing.
- Fit everything inside rather than the boards being on top racks.
- Allow the possibility to sleep inside.
- Have a low drag body for minimal fuel consumption.
- Have the same track as my sedan.
- Not sit too high above the roof line of my sedan.
- Have a long drawbar for towing stability and ease of reversing.
- Transport building materials when doing jobs around the house.
I started sketching and modelling forms that were aerodynamic, utilised the materials strong points and maximised internal storage volume. I also added a few features such as "frenching" the tail lights and pumping the guards. I will post each stage of the build process seperately. The stages are...
- Body Frame